Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I am You are

I am the starshine
    and you are the moonshine.
I am the nightingale
    and you are the lark.


I am the twilight
    and you are the streetlight.
I am the tail
    and you are the comet.


I am the wandering
    and you are the foundling.
I am the changeling
    and you are the constant.


I am the lines
    and you are the figures.
I am the free verse
    and you are the sonnet.


I never seem to know
where it is I'm sailing,
    but you always act like
    you know where to row.


But that doesn't matter
because when we're together
nothing ever making sense
seems so natural.

~*~

Note: wrote this while humming the tune "you take the high road, and I'll take the low road..." And it most definitely effected the way the lines are intended to be read, if that makes any sense.

Oh, well. It sounds right in my head.

Love,
Torey

No comments:

Post a Comment